Position Announcement - Web Content Coordinator
Department of Web Communications
September 22, 2011
Colorado State University is hiring a part-time (.6 time) Web Content Coordinator to develop content for University websites. This position will work with the senior web designer and developer in the construction of site layout and navigation. Duties include all facets of content creation and page production including writing content, web page layout, image selection and placement, and coding based on cascading style sheets.
Salary Range: $38,000-$42,000 dependent upon experience for .6 time position
Essential Functions of the Position
- Develop and repurpose content — primarily written but also graphics and other assets — for new and existing web sites.
- Maintain consistency and standards of web sites including copy, graphics, and other assets.
- Develop communication plans for special online communications (events, announcements, and other campaigns) that help build the University brand.
- Work collaboratively with Public Relations, campus tours, and creative production team to create unique opportunities for interaction between the web and the other communication vehicles.
- Provide consultation on issues related to web content development and management.
- Maintenance of the Division web sites, associated sub-sites, and related electronic communications.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Two years demonstrated writing and editing skills
- One year experience coding HTML documents outside of WYSIWIG editors
- Experience in asset preparation using Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience developing and implementing online communication initiatives
- Four years professional work experience in a collaborative higher education or government/non-profit environment
- Customer relations skills working with clients in a team environment
- Four-year degree from accredited institution
- Degree in journalism, communications studies, or related field
- Advanced degree in related field
- Experience working with social media tools including Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
- Experience applying branding to communication initiatives
- Information architecture skills and web usability knowledge
- Experience working in a higher education environment
Qualified applicants please upload application materials including 1.) cover letter, 2.) current resume, 3.) URLs for three sites the applicant developed content for, and 4.) three professional references in Word or PDF format only to our application website at https://advancing.colostate.edu/ASI/EMPLOYMENTX.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Mark.Hanson@colostate.edu. For additional information about Colorado State University, consult the University's website at www.colostate.edu
Applications must be received by October 10, 2011 for full consideration.
Colorado State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.