Writing for the Web
2009 Professional Development Institute
A basic overview of how to write and rewrite content for the web to increase readability and usability.
- How reading online is different from print
- Basics of copy style
- Length of text
- Using of subheads, decks and bullet points
- Focusing the first sentence and frontloading content
- The pros & cons of using PDFs to display print magazines and viewbooks online
- How web content influences search engine optimization.
Resources, Tools and Links
People, programs and sites referenced in the presentation
Organizations offering related conferenences, training, webinars